Sunday, June 16, 2013

Outside!

It's been a great couple of weeks for being outside! It's hurricane season, which means it rains at least 3 times a week. But the rain really helps cool things down, and while the storms are strong, and they hover, they are generally predictable. We can get out for a run before the rain, and then take cover for an hour or two, and then go for a walk after the rain stops. It also means my garden hasn't needed watering all month, which has been so wonderful!


We've been out so much I have a Chaco tan! I'm getting better about putting sunscreen on my hands, arms, and face, but I never get it on my feet. 


Lydia is starting to fold her arms, and it's adorable. :) She still doesn't love her stroller. I can count on a two mile run, with her squirming about 10 minutes in. If we get 3 miles, it's a miracle day. 


Fun walk with Dad. She is obsessed with rocks. We have to stop and pick up all the rocks around us. 




Saturday mornings we've started running/biking with Dad. Lydia and Andrew ride along me while I run. It's nice to run a little faster. Not having to push the stroller, and having the bike there next to me, both help pick up the pace just a little. 



So happy to be running without a stroller!!

No comments: