Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Monday


We went out for a run yesterday, and misjudged when the rain was coming. We ran along the harbor, and luckily there are lots of places to duck into. We spent an hour or so at Barnes and Nobel, and Lydia was SO excited to see other kids and play at the train table. On our way back at the car we stopped at the fountains. The rain had kept all the crowds away, and Lydia loved having the fountains to herself.



I accidentally planted a WHOLE LOT of basil. My garden tactic this year was just plant all the seeds left over from last year. 

And all the seeds grew. 

So now we have TONS of basil. We have a few recipes that call for basil, but just a leaf or two. So yesterday I made some pesto. It took 4 cups of basil leaves, and that didn't make a dent in the backyard basil supply. I think I'll make tons of pesto and freeze it? And hope we still like it come December?


Eating her grilled pesto-mozzarella sandwich.  YUM!

1 comment:

Sara Passey said...

I will gladly take some pesto off your hands once we get to Ithaca! I'm getting very excited about living within driving distance of you guys!